Recovering from extreme dieting

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

I'm an eighteen year old female ,164 cm height and 50 kg weight. I have been dieting for the past 9 months in order to lose 6-7 kilograms ( I was originally 56-57 kg I cant remember exactly) . I try to eat around 7000 calories a week but it is getting very exhausting . I always feel fatigued and lightheaded. I decided to increase my weekly calories by a 1000 but I'm worried that I will put all the weight back.Yes I understand that this is too extreme but I'm honestly stuck.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

You need medical help and soon. You should be nearer 55kg at your height. Please do go to your doctor and ask for help before you get to a stage where it is too late.

• Posted

Well, of course. You're already probably underweight. If you are at all active you should be eating twice that much, and you would still not be gaining any weight.

• Posted

I'm not that active . I have a rather sedentary lifestyle. Thanks for replying!

• Posted

Why have you been dieting like that when you know it was not a good idea? Eating a healthy balanced diet with sensible exercising, keeping active, avoiding stress and lots of sleep is what you should be aiming for.

• Posted

I really have no clear answer to that. I guess I can say that I was not pleased with my body image at the time and I wanted to lose weight quickly ( an important event was coming up) without having to exercise ( I'm very lazy when it comes to exercise).

• Posted

Dear lisa48554

We have seen your comments and the responses made to them. Your fellow users are quite correct - at 1000 calories a day you are not going to put weight back on and indeed are likely to keep losing it. You are already underweight and your health will be at serious risk if you lose more. We suggest you make an appointment with your GP - they can help you with a healthy diet and perhaps address some of your body image issues.

Kindest regards,

Patient

• Posted

Thank you for the heads up. I'll do my best to increase my calories little by little and make an appointment . I kindly appreciate all the feedback!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.