recovering from hysterectomy

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had a hysterectomy 3 weeks ago and they "knicked" my bladder. I seem to be more and more sore each day. Is this normal?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I think that you should be to the point where painful feelings are starting to improve.  Are you having difficulty urinating or passing any blood?  
  • Posted

I had mine 27/03 and am getting pain on one side. Im going to see gp this week but think it may just be ive over done things. If your pain is increasing i would go get checkef to be on safe side x
  • Posted

Hi i had mine a few months back full hysterectomy and they cut my bladder by accident i came home with a catheter for 10 weeks..The hysterectomy was the easy part i was sore for a few weeks.. make sure you do no lifting at all.. It does take time.. Now the bladder was the worse..lol the catheter was terrible we arent ment to have tubes hanging from our vjj.. it just all around hurt i was miserable with it.. ( im a suck).. Take your time dont rush you will get better and the pain and soreness will get better..rest

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.