Recovering from my 2nd bunion operation

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi just had my left foot done had my right one done 2 years ago but this one is defenly more painful ive got my plaster boot on now but still in alot of pain and cant walk very far even with the surgical boot on

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Jemma  but it gets better for you soon xx iv had my left foot done 8 weeks ago and still have pain and pins and needles x just hope it gets better with time x x thinking of having my other one done  ! I don’t no yet xx  take care x Sandra 
    • Posted

I know it is painful, for sure.  I was told that it is the nerves---they need to reconnect. I know that my muscles and tendons had to be put back in their proper places because my foot was so bad.  The part that is the most difficult for me is when it is time for pt, it just takes so long for your foot to respond to what your brain is telling it what to do.  I have had both feet done, four months apart.  By the time I can safely drive again, it will have been 9 months.  These are huge surgeries but I need to be able to walk.
  • Posted

Hi Jemma, Hang in there!  It will be worth it for sure.  I am about 7 weeks out from surgery on my second foot and I have a plaster cast on as well.  I came home from surgery with a splint on and I should be getting the cast off and into a boot next week.  Take your meds, elevate your foot and take good care of yourself!
  • Posted

Hi,

Are you supposed to be walking this early?

I've just had my left foot operated on today and I'm non weight baring for 2 weeks.

Rest up and elevate your leg for as much as possible.

I intend on taking Paracetamol and Ibuprofen to keep any pain at bay....

• Posted

Hiya i got it done on the 4th of feb im just weight bound with the surgical boot they gave me just round the house cant go very far
  • Posted

Hi sorry for late reply,  your a brave lady having the 2nd done !  I had a Scarf Atkin op on 6 Dec 17 getting back to normal now but didn’t realise recovery would be so slow, still got a little pain think it’s where they reattached the ligament still get the odd shooting pains.
    • Posted

Hi Adrienne!  I had read that if the second foot was not done that my hip and back would eventually be thrown out of alignment.  It was so good to have the second one done. The recovery is slow but I know it will be worth it.  I was to the point where I was able to walk for about a half hour before I had to sit down and rest.  Looking forward to long walks again.....and yes, I get those shooting pains every once in a while too---everything is just repairing and reconnecting.  Take good care of yourself!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.