Recovering from pulmonary embolism.

Posted , 5 users are following.

My breathing is much better. But 9 months into recovery I am feeling really lethargic and ache all over. Why. ? I should be so bouncy and happy.

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Have you been exercising? Have you been building up your strength? We had to take it easy for so long because we couldn't breathe that really slowed us down.

Now that I'm breathing a little easier the golden rod is in full bloom and my asthma is kicking up. lol I have noticed if o walk in the evening I can walk farther and not get out of breath and therefore build up my strength.

We have to build back up to peppy.

• Posted

Thanks Windy. I guess that's what I thought. I am 65 and was really fit before. I just finding it really hard to motivate myself. Will try harder. Little bit each day.x😍

• Posted

After a year I finally felt good enough to hit the ymca and am doing water aerobics 3 days a week, aqua zumba 2 times a week and trying gentle yoga but shortness of breath is kicking my butt. It got really bad and it forced me to break out my herbs. Feeling weak and breathless sux. Anybody else have these symptoms?
    • Posted

Oh heck yea! Some times I'll get so short of breath I'll just lean up against something or someone and just pant and pray for the next breath. It hurts sometimes when you can't catch that breath and people around you are saying " are you all right?" Um no, if I was all right things wouldn't look quite so dire here. Lol.

Like we all say. A day at a time push on it will get better. Build up the strength and move on. We can do this together!!!

• Posted

As Windy says - it takes a little time to get back to something approaching normal.  As one bit of your body gets better, another gets under stress and grumbles.  I found that recovery came in fits and starts....nothing for a while, then a step up.
    • Posted

I know . Doctor gave me some exercises to do and suggested I go to physiotherapists. Silly me thought no I can do this on my own... lol. Will make appointment tomorrow. Thankyou for your encouragement. x😍

• Posted

Well, this all dropped in my lap (well, chest if you insist) about a year and a half ago and I am still recovering.  Don't get me wrong, it is going well, I just had a lot of damage. The point I am trying to make is that every time I think "well, that's as good as it gets" it seems to improve a bit.

Exercise is good, but don't over do it. Sometimes a bit of a moan helps, but same applies.....  I also do something I shouldn't now and again...that seems to work too smile

It's a bump in the road...albeit a sizeable one. Plenty of smooth road ahead!

P

• Posted

I just cant seem to recover from mine a couple of years ago. Dr gave me anti depressants to help lethargy. I dont think that is a good idea though as i feel worse on them.   My physical health has gone down and they caused weight gain which doesnt help trying to exercise.  I do make sure i walk and get out each day.  The lethargy isnt much fun is it.  I used to be bouncy and happy but its gone since this event.
    • Posted

Thanks Ann. I seem to be moaning. .We are so lucky really. But as you say I have also put on weight which is depressing. I have been on Citalapram for several years due to stress. I also go out every day for a walk. I do find this forum helpful in reassuring me that all these symptoms are normal recovery. Keep smiling 😊💐 x

• Posted

I assume you were on citalopram before your p.e.  Did it help your recovery a bit do you think?  I am hoping that may be able to help me recover better.problem is, not allowed certain ones due to warfarin - are you on that?
    • Posted

Hi Ann no I am on Apixaban for life. Hope you can find something to help. I am all for positive thinking. Good luck 🍀😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.