Recovering from sciatica

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had sciatica 6 years ago and had a very successful op that took a long time to recover fro .however I damaged my back 6 weeks ago today herniated disc and am glad to report it is improving from a lot of pt i can now walk pretty good and pains in butt and thigh have gone and calf is slowly going .I got very depressed as I thought I had the long road to recovery .I just thought I would share this good story as I have not read many of them .I think a lot of people recover but don't write it on the forum

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Thank you for posting PT is helping for a change. I am also doing PT and keep reading it's a waste of time.  So happy PT worked for you as surgery is never anyone's first choice. 

• Posted

Hi Alley

I think pt helps quite a lot of people but as we get better we don't bother looking at these posts anymore and therefore do not comment on same .

• Posted

So true, people only check these forums when in pain and looking for answers
  • Posted

Thank you so much for your post! I have have severe sciatica now for 6 months and getting worse. Could you tell me what kind of surgery you had. I have asked my doctor to refer me but he said he didn't know who to refer me to. I'm willing to pay but who do I go to? I have had an MRI that shows a bulging disc at L5/S1, the doctor said that's probably not causing the sciatica and that I could have piriformis syndrome. So far I've spent almost a thousand pounds on acupuncture and other therapies but just getting worse. I'm treated like a drama queen because I can't handle the pain anymore. But really I'm not. I've had two babies without anaesthetic and I can only compere this pain to that. I don't know where to turn 😞

• Posted

Hi Bev

I had a laparoscopy about 6 years ago .I was very bad at the time I could not stand and had to lie on my back all the time . O had the operation after 6 weeks of pain .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.