Recovering from vaginsl hysterectomy and reconstruction of pelvic floor prolapse

Posted , 5 users are following.

It's almost a week since I had the surgery.  I had a triple prolapse do needed a vaginal  hysterectomy and pelvic floor reconstruction. I have a very complicated medical history. I have had more than 20 surgeries including four where I have been cut from the middle right between the start of the rib age down to the pubic area. Including having my large intestine removed. Do I wasn't that concerned about recovery for this. I was more dealing with the emotional part as I really wasn't ready to end my child bearing years. However this may very likely be the most painful surveys I've had. The first 25 hours were horrendous and my dr would not provide pain eds that helped. I was a straight 9. ( which I never say 9 I always reserve it) bug it was a nine. I've been home it's almost not a week since surgery day And still do much pain I've been waking Ike they said but it hurts so much. Do much pain pressure and on troop if it has that I cannot release partly because if the operation and also because my previous conditions make my intestines not work right anyway. I'm just not sure if it should still hurt so much. I'm not usually such a baby about pain but I'm really being one now. Also they said if bleeding increases to call. I've had a good amount of bleeding since I left the hospital but this morning when I was trying to urinate a lot of new blood came out, it was a pretty good amount and then a clot about quarter size came out. I latex doen feel asleep and woke soaked through the pad and my clothing. Went to the bathroom more blood and another smaller clot. The rest of the day I was still experiencing some bleeding that was more than when I left the hospital. And a few small clots. I'm not sure if this is anything to be concerned about it is it another normal thing they just forget to tell you.  I hate my doctor that did the surgery ,so I don't want to call her unless I really have to. Any advice would be appreciated.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm sorry you're having such a difficult time.  I'm surprised your doctor has you walking this early.  My doctor was much too optimistic about my recovery speed and she told me to do nothing but rest for the first 2 weeks. I didn't even try recreational walking until about 4 weeks and then it was a very very short.

i found a book (available at amazon as an ebook) by Sue Croft about recovering from gynecological surgery and it was very helpful to me post-op. Her recommendations were always more conservative than my doctors so I went by what she said (and never did anything the doctor said I shouldn't do, of course) and my recovery went well though slowly.  I'm a little over a year post op and had the repair examined and was told it looked great.  That was very good to hear.

I hope you can figure out how to feel better.... and maybe try just resting and see if that works better for you?

• Posted

This sounds to be more excessive bleeding than I had. I feel that you should be seen by GP or surgeon. I had horrendous pain afterwards and like you didn't want to bother anyone but in the end had to phone GP who was very understanding and gave me better meds. She also offered to come out to see me. Please don't go on suffering and get some support with this. I feel for you and remember feeling terrible myself but the bleeding was not so bad. I hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Also the surgeon gave me a mild laxative that didn't work at all but GP gave me Laxido sachets and that improved things much better. I felt like I was giving birth the first time I passed a bowel movement and was screaming which made me ring the GP in the end. That was twelve days after surgery. Please get the sachets and drink loads of water (I found it helpful to drink  warm water to prevent wind)

• Posted

Hi 

Daisy,

So sorry to hear you're having such an awful time of it. I am 21 weeks post op and am just starting to have a few 'normal' days in a row, so the recovery is slow.

Endone was my friend for the first couple of weeks!! It sounds like you need to get checked out as the bleeding you describe sounds excessive. Don;t wait, get it checked out and attended to, or at the very least put your mind at ease.

Hoping the rest of your recovery goes smoothly and remember to take it REALLY easy for ages and ages

Juli xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.