Recovery

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi guys....

So i was bed bound for about 6/7 days after my bunion surgery, i found it completely awfull.i also tripped and slammed my foot to the ground on day 7 when i tried to get to the toilet. Im on day 14 now, i got my bandage removed yesterday, and i have desolvable stitches so didnt get them removed thank god. I cant lie when i say im struggling but to be positive it has got alot better, im not in pain now, it burns sometimes depending on how much ive walked on it. I must say the difference in look is crazy ... Takes some getting used to but my surgeon done a fab job.i dont think i could bare getting the other one done but its not as bad as that one i had done. Its very hard work, and a little hard not being able to go out and jump in the car and do something so i just hope for a speedy recovery.i also have a 3 year old lol .

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have found the whole process very frustrating but knew I had to be patient, take things slowly easier said than done with a 3 year old! Have you any help, I am hoping so. It will get easier just give it time.
  • Posted

Oh my goodness Lisa! I'm sorry about your fall! I have to keep saying heal heal heal as I'm walking! It's so hard to get used to it though! I had one little wobble but managed to hold on. Please take one day at a time. You can't rush this journey your on, one day over is another day closer to the final picture. I had my op on Tuesday and I'm surprised at how good I'm doing especially the pain. I get throbbing and burning but managed it as best I can. You've got your work cut out having a little one to look after. I can't imagine that lol
  • Posted

Hi lisa im 2 weeks tommoro post op from my right foot and havring left foot done tommoro i got up to get some ice a gew daus ado and stuned my toe omg the pain was like no other just take it one day at a time im sure it gets better i know the feeling of not being able to do what you want when you want om going stire crazy
  • Posted

Hi guys thanks for replying. Its hard with my 3 year old but must say shes been good, im lucky to have my mum shes been a incredible help, im hoping im alot more recoverd for august as i start back to college on my last year of my course but it involves alot of standing on your feet as its hairdressing. I need to just try and stay positive i know. I hope you all are recovering well. And hats off to any of you going to do it again....i honestly dont think i could.nor so soon anyway. The nurseries yesterday said my foot looked good and were surprised at the lack of swelling and that i could move my big toe a little. To be fair my worst times are in the morning....its sore.and at night as im struggling to get to sleep. Im not taking any of the meds as im not in pain. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.