Recovery

Posted , 9 users are following.

I am 18 weeks post op. How is everyone's recovery going? I need to hear some positive stories cause I am. Stone frustrated with how long it is taking me to get back to normal.

Anyone have the following problems?

1. Popping noise from ankle?

2. Hard time walking with foot straight

3. Hard time walking and not having knee locked cause it hurts to bend knee and walk?

Help!!!

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi ,

I am 50yrs and 13 weeks since surgery

my visit to doc yest was good and I can now walk without support .. but with a big limp.

Have some streaching excercises and going good.

its 13 weeks complete since my surgery on 26th May 16. 6weeks cast , @6 wweeks with support and just started wakling with out support.

Initially i got lot of swelling when ever i tried walking .. that was in week 8 to week 10.... then i rested , for a couple of weeks and then things started changing.. and I cud feel I cud walk... I did not hear any noise but had a very hard time walking,,, knee did hurt and still does ...

I have gained lot of confidence and look to be good to walk normally in a month time. cheers.....you will have a good recovery too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.