Recovery Abdominal Hysterectomy

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi ladies Im day 12 of my recovery going well just a one question really what kind of pains and feeling should l be getting around my cut, ? lve been having tingling , sharp kinda pains inside and is healing very well ,it s a tight feeling of the skin .It has been looked at and is healing very well so lm thinking this just normal in the healing process. Any feed back would be great thanks just wondering if you ladies could tell me about how it felt around your tummy area after a Abdominal Hysterectomy, and to all the ladies who need to to have one then yes the first week is rough but l feel so much better in myself already after having this done, l had heavy bleeding and very long period due to fibroids .

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Allie,

I had a full abdominal hysterectomy 19 months ago - it sounds like you are healing the way you should. You still have to give yourself healing time - and don't over-do it! As for 'numbness' and 'tingling' - that can take a long time to go away - in fact I still have numbness in that area - a small area though- but I have got used to it now! The tingling is more than likely your nerves healing - that can take a few months to disappear too. Don't be trying anything heroic in the next few weeks - I hope you have someone to help you with lifting, carrying and shopping! 😄 Take care and hope your good healing carries on!

• Posted

Hi thanks so much for your post, this is good to know its normal, lm resting and getting looked after just taking it day by day , slow l know but has to be done and looking forward to having alife with no pain yay x

• Posted

Hi Allie

i had the same 12 weeks ago. I had the tingling & sharp pulling, it is normal part of the healing. it does reduce gradually but i still get twinges. Happy to say, i am healing very well with no problems. Best decision i made.

• Posted

Hi thanks so much for posting back, l will bear this in mind if get a little pain l know what it is cant wait to get back to my old self before l had fibroidsxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.