Recovery After Kidneystone Surgery

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had mt fist kidneystone or should i say stones and im 29 years of age female at tht. I had my surgery 12/20/2017 5days before Xmas bc i was in pain i had a stent place in but ive been nauseated since November which is when i found out i had kidney stones. Well on 1/15/2018 bout 10 days later i hd my stent taking out both were done inder anesthesia but my problem is im still feeling nauseated to where i have to take zofran almost everyday is it gon take some time for my body to get bk right or what im not sure if i still have stones in me or not i would hope i dnt.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

What type of surgery did you have? Was it laser Lithotripsy? Did you ask your doctor how many stones you had, and if he was able to get all of them out? Why did they give you anesthesia when they removed the stent? Have you talked to your doctor about feeling nauseated?   
    • Posted

Hello i hd both the cypo and the lit they put me under the first time of course to break and get the stones out i was told i hd them on both sides but they put me under to get my stent out bc i was scared and stress im going for my follow up today the 22nd ive been on zofran but i still be fellin nauseated is it gon take time for my body to get rite or should i ask for another catscan t o make sure all the fragments are gone
  • Posted

You were diagnosed with stones in November and operated on in December? Lucky you!! I was diagnosed with stones in January last year and was not operated on until the beginning of December!! 3 weeks before you.

I had a stent as well for a week.  I was sick a couple of times but it soon passed.  Before I was discharged they took me for a scan which revealed they had managed to remove all the stones, nothing left at all. Did they not do this with you?

Still gettling a bit of pain in the kidney area on my right side and at the back where they gained access but am a lot better than I was. Hope you continue to recover.

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah

• Posted

Thanks for the reply I havent had a catscan to see if they are all gone im gonna ask today at my follow up today. its only been 7 days since i hd my stent out no pain jus nausea everyday i still feel sensation or watever it is on my left side which is where my pain was comming from i jus want this nauseous to stop im not my self ive been sick since thanksgiving well after is it bc my body has to adjust again and how long did u feel nauseated after your stent was out if u did or was u feeling sick before ur discharge bc ive been feeling nauseated while i hd the stent in and also after wards ive been on zofran everyday.
    • Posted

One of the symptoms is having recurrent urine infections. You really need to b referred to see a urologist they are the ones who will decide what tests to do.

Good luck with all this.

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah

• Posted

I was only actually sick while the stent was still in so 3 or 4 days after surgery really.

They did not put me out to take the stent out.

Certainly not nauseated now but still a bit of pain in kidney area and diarrhoea usually first thing in the morning.

Sarah

• Posted

So now im wondering what it could be then if im still nauseated sometimes i had mines in a lil longer than u 26 days so its only been 7 days since its been out what do u think im jus ready to get back to normal
  • Posted

So basically i had my stent in for 26 days
  • Posted

Was there a reason why you had the stent in for that long? Seems a long time to me.  Thinking about it actually I was sick a couple of times after I came home
    • Posted

The week i was suppose to have it out the doctor was on vacation they did a. XRay today and im suppose to have a ultra sound wed to make sure everything is okjus tired of fewling nauseated he also told me he lasered them

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.