Recovery after sugery

Posted , 2 users are following.

Morning ladies, I had my laparoscopy surgery on Sunday had my Edno treated and my womb and bowel separated as they had stuck together I have been signed off from work for one week, i can't see myself being fit for work on Monday apart the fact that I can't fit in any of my trousers due to the swelling I'm still in a lot of pain and can't stand for longer than 20 mins at a time and I'm knackered!!! I have been researching but it looks like a week is the general timescale. Can I have your experiences because I can't see that this is right 😊 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

My first surgery (2014), I didn't go back to work for 3 weeks because of the pain, swelling, and my general inability to do anything.

My second surgery (2016), it was 2 weeks and boy was I ready to go!  

But my doctor wouldn't even allow me to drive unti the 2-week mark for both surgeries.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.