Recovery and Symptoms Post Decompression Surgery

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, my name is Eric, I am 22 years old and I had decompression surgery a little over a month ago on January 19th 2023. I am creating this thread because I am still experiencing the same vision problems I was having before the surgery. I have blurred vision and everything seems laggy and out of focus and it gets worse when I exercise. I know it has only been a month since surgery but I am wondering if anyone else had a similar experience around my age. Did the vision problems go away and how long did it take? The vision issues feed my anxiety and make me very uncomfortable so I am hoping it gets better. I'm still young and have my whole life ahead of me so I hope that counts for something. I still can't work but I am starting classes online in a few days which I'm excited for. I am very grateful for any input you might have!!! Thank you!!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hey there, so i had my surgery in 2018 and my symptoms were 24/7 head pressure along with some neck and back pain. It definitely took more than a month to recover, I'd say 3-5 and now I suffer from chronic neck pain instead so everyones surgery/symptoms are different. 1 month is definitely too quick though to tell what your recovery will look like. Since you posted this a couple months ago hopefully you should be doing better now

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.