Recovery for Vaginal Hysterectomy

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey all- I'm new and have had fibroid complications for over a year. I my previous Gyn wanted to try nothing but birth control to help with my severe bleeding. Saw a new gyn today and she recommends a Vaginal hysterectomy. My husband and I both agree it would be best as we wont be having children. (I have a 17 yr old) I have to discuss this with my employer tomorrow. I work fully from home and can actually work from my bed if need be. With that being said, how much off time from work would I need? Those that had Vaginal Hysterectomy what was your recovery like? I've had a couple other major surgeries and had quick recoveries. So I'm hoping i could go back to work in about a week.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I ad tvh in January and would need a minimum of 6 weeks no lifting .

This is major surgery and rest is very important for recovery.

You are at risk of prolapse if you don't allow the internal wounds to heal and not rest up.

I had very little pain just cramps for 3 days.

Ask anymore questions hunxx

• Posted

Thank you for the reply. I wouldn't need to lift anything as I have a desk job. I can also work from my bed or couch.

• Posted

I was given 6 weeks off work by my gynecologist. In all honesty I felt ok to go back by week 4-5 but decided to take the full recover time so I didn’t have any setbacks. I also had a vaginal hysterectomy. I posted my experience here if you would like to read it. Best of luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.