Recovery from a large ovarian cyst and loss of ovary

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello There...

I have had larposcopic surgery to remove a 21cm large cyst and my ovary with it,due to the size. I am recovering well but I have found 4 weeks on from op I have experienced uncomfortable pain in my left side close to ribs it feels like a stich when walking and turning I am just curious to know if anybody out there has been through this. It is getting me down as I am lieing around on my back alot due to the uncomfort hope somone can chat and help

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

could it be muscular? everything was stretched pretty tight and might be spasming a bit?  is your diaphram is finally able to extend fully?

prob like having wisdom teeth out - pain while everything around it shifts

• Posted

It feels muscular, I can cope with it but just uncomfortable It's not pain as such its more achy but it nothing like wisdom tooth pain as that is horrendous!!! I will prob check it out at drs but it feels more prominent at the mo I've not done much today it feels better when I lay on it or put cushions there x

• Posted

Hi, it’s probaly normal healing. I had the same op two years ago, and it was pulling in my side at times. It could also be adhesions. Just because you can only see three cuts, think of all the tunnelling that went on inside you, my cyst was wrapped around the ovary so I had the ovary and tube removed too. The surgeon said afterwards he had trouble finding it due to scar tissue.
    • Posted

Hi laura thank you for your reply when do you think the pain will wear off?did it take long for you? Hope your doing well have you had any problems since?
    • Posted

No, haven’t had any problems with that ever since. It’s hard to say how long it was, because I had prolapse surgery at the same time,and that was so painful it sort of overoad the other op. But it really didn’t bother me that much.
    • Posted

That's good i will see how I go ibuprofen is taking it away a little I don't like pain killers though I tried to privert Message you but I'm not sure how to do it do you?

• Posted

I had the same thing done about 3 months ago but i had my ovary and tube removed what i did for the pain especial when i had to cough was put a pillow on your stomach it helped me i didn't take any pain pills that they gave me cause i didn't like the way i felt so i took my own pills it will get better just hang in there u will feel that cause of the gas that went in u but it goes away

• Posted

Hi yes I know what you mean I am the same as you, I don't like how the pain relief made me feel so I took my own when I was discharged. I am doing the pillow thing and that really helps I got over the gas thing few weeks ago I feel okay in myself just uncomfort in my left side soo are you fully recovered now and feeling your normal self? x thank you for your reply x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.