Recovery from a pituitary adenoma/cabergoline any persisting side effects?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I've just stopped taking cabergoline (a very small amount/0.5mg a week) after 3.5 years for a micro pituitary adenoma which so far seems to be in remission (I'm doing this under medical supervision)

Whilst I'm feeling well I seem to be left with some frustrating side effects. My consultant doesn't think it's to do with the caberoline as it's such a small dose and I'm now not even taking it. So I'm wondering if it's a result of damage done to the pituitary gland.

I feel considerably older and walk and move like an older person (I'm 60) people notice this and point it out to me. Lack of concentration, brain fog and above all a lack of mental energy, in short I seem to have moved on 20 years cognitively and cant concentrate easily and have very little intellectual stamina.

I've been researching a bit and have heard about a condition 'apathy' post pituitary problems. Is anyone else struggling with the same or similar please?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.