recovery from cellulitis

Posted , 4 users are following.

Is extreme fatigue a after effect from cellulitis, if so what time span before "normal" again?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Shodan - I guess everyone recovers differently and depending on how bad your episode was, what meds were taking, etc, the time frame varies. My last episode landed in the hosptial for 3 days. It took me about 4 weeks to feel I could go back to work. Once I returned to work, I was weak and not myself for an additional 10 days or so. As time went on, the leg didn't bother me as much and I got back on track. I'm an older person and not knowing how old you are, age also plays a big factor in the healing proccess. 

Hang in there and take it day by day.. Take care of yourself..

- Glenn

Again, we all heal differently and no two bodies are the same. Hang in there

• Posted

I spent 4 days in hospital on an IV antiobiotic drip so didn't really have a chance to get up and about much, but I did have time to think about all the things I needed to when I got out. Unfortunately, I rapidly ran into a wall of fatigue and wasn't able to do much for a couple of weeks.

Your body has just fought off an infection and you'd expect it to take a temporary toll. I did have sepsis too and that gives your body an extra series of blows. In hospital I thought the doctors said I had a low red blood cell count but when I checked my notes it said a low white blood cell count (symptoms of sepsis can include high or low white blood cell count and a low blood cell count, so it could be both).

So take it easy and make sure you eat a good diet (plenty of leafy greens). If it has been a month or two since your recovery then it'd be an idea to go and see your doctor, perhaps ask for a blood test (in my follow-up with my consultant I found out I should have been having regular blood tests which didn't happen).

• Posted

Hi

I have had cellulitis a few times.Don't go back to work to quickly.I just rested and was ok after two weeks.Don't push yourself.

• Posted

Thanks Millie, won't do, but is it normal to get this more than once? I do hope not, I know its an infection but how do you contract such things if you look after yourself?

• Posted

Hi

I don't know if its normal or not.I have been told its because I have a low immune system.I am diabetic and have other illnessess.I had it in my breast after surgery.I had it on my thigh after a cut and on my foot after a bite.I itched the bite on my foot and it got infected.I always make sure I wash my hands and treat any bite or cuts rather then just leave it.Maybe I am just unlucky.

• Posted

I suspect most people on here have had it a number of times.

Why it keeps occuring and what can be done about it (if anything) depends on the cause - lymphedema and insect bites are common ones, for example.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.