Recovery from incesional hernia surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

In just over a week i am having surgery for repair of an incesional hernia. Keyhole with general anesthitic

Any pointers on the recovery or what to expect on the surgery

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Eleanor, do you know if mesh will be used? I had an incisional hernia fixed in the same way a couple of years ago and post op found it pretty painful i have to admit. I stayed in hospital for 2nights and then was off work for 2weeks. Everyone is different though but as with any recovery try to have the home ready or family help out; bending, lifting and reaching up are a bit tricky at first.

Hope all goes well for you

• Posted

Yes it will be used. I am down for being in hospihospital 1 night. How come you stayed in 2 nights

• Posted

I was only meant to be in one night, but i could hardly move after the surgery as found it really painful so stayed in another night (i was private so no rush to get me out!)...

Have you had your op yet, hope all went well?

• Posted

I am having it tuesday i am going private as well staying one night. Getting scared

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.