recovery from Radius surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

Is it ok if sun dries up the spot where orthopedic spot while in heated area

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am not sure if this is what you are asking or not . . . But I have always found inflamed skin to dry and begin to heal from only a 10 or 15 minutes in the sun. It took the soreness away and the red ring around also. I repeated again the next day and found more healing another time. I don't remember how many days I did this, maybe three days. If indoors behind glass, might be more time needed.
  • Posted

Anytime I have ever had that fire-red ring around a surgery or injury area, sunlight has always helped me. It also feels great while the sunlight is directed on the area. Like a relief right away and drawing out the soreness.
  • Posted

The sun can be a great healer in moderation, 10 - 15 mins as Carolyn said. Not only surgery either -  I had eczema & was told to stay out of the sun, which was impossible at the time, & my eczema cleared up without using the cream prescibed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.