Recovery from surgery from.removing 32cm cyst and an ovary ... Not keyhole

Posted , 4 users are following.

Nearly three weeks ago I had major surgery for removing a 32 cm cyst containing 24 pints of fluid and my left ovary. I am quite able around my flat and able to go for walks of about 10 and 15 minutes. I do a physical job care assistant in the community any ideas when I could start thinking returning part time and what about driving

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I had my ovary and tube removed about 3 months ago from a cyst and i didn't go back to work for about a month and as far as driving i did it in 4 days what kind of surgery did u have a big cut or 3 small incensions

• Posted

I had my ovaries and tubes removed laparoscopic and I returned to work after 6 weeks but didn’t feel like myself until 8 weeks.  Don’t rush it.  Rest and take care of yourself.  Take ur time. 
  • Posted

I had a quite a big cut
    • Posted

I had 3 small incension just take it easy and what ever u do please don't over do it cause believe me u will know it

• Posted

I also have a large incision and the cyst was 33lbs. I was told that I'm not allowed to drive until 1. I'm off pain medicine and 2. After my follow up appointment 3 weeks later.  A lot of other activities are off limits for 6-8 weeks, like sex, or lifting more that 10 pounds, swimming, baths, using tampons etc.

• Posted

33lbs ... Not sure how heavy mine was I know 24 pints of fluid was drained out of and it was 32 cm. I am 4 weeks post op next Tuesday and managed to get an review appointment earlier than the six weeks because of the consultant being away and with the complications of my recovery did not want to wait until the orginal scheduled appointment. This contacted at uti as an extra complication and my pain haw slightly increased. I know driving and work are still out of the question xx
    • Posted

I think a pint of water might be roughly a pound. so 24 lbs?  I've been continuing to loose weight as the swelling and fluid goes away.  Hopefully you can get the uti under control. Those suck even when you're not recovering from major surgery.

• Posted

Yes they do .. I have two more days on the antibiotics and have been feeling awful so atle ast we will be able to tell after the antibiotics whether it's the UTI or something else.

• Posted

Let us know what happens, hopefully it's just a uti and not something more serious.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.