Recovery on Citalopram

Posted , 3 users are following.

I’ve been on 10 mg Citalopram for3 weeks now first week was dizziness but nothing I couldn’t handle and apart from underlying anxiety and overthinking I didint have many bad symptoms the 2nd week I felt great my anxiety was getting under control and generally felt better but 3rd week randomly felt crappy again is this normal to have a setback on this medication? And how long does it usually take to level itself out 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Give it a few more weeks think it's 4-6 then they will prob up your dose if your still feeling low x

• Posted

Hi ya, I was on citalapram a few years back, little similar to you I had a dip in the 4/5 week but by week 6 it seemed to help my depression and general mood. My understanding was for anxiety it can normally help in the first 2 weeks but I have read you can get a dip, I would try to hold out and give it a chance to work for you, if by week 5/6 it’s not working then go back to your GP. 

Hope this helps.

If you ever need a friendly ear just Pm me, many people suffer in silence don’t be one of them. ☺️

• Posted

Thanks for the replies both of you it’s just when you think your getting on the straight and narrow and get a setback it’s not the best thing but like yous both said it’s part of the recovery thanks!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.