Recovery.Relief. Back to normal.

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello everyone, it has been 7 months since I wrote on here. I've been. Celexa for a year and 4 months. I can honestly say for me it worked. I was a mess physically and mentally a year ago. I had panic attacks every day. I felt exhausted every day. It started out of the blue. I had problems breathing felt short of breath. Felt chest tightness every fricken day. Every now and then I have a blip of anxiety but it melts away. Just like every symptom and every side effect it melts away once Celexa starts working its magic. I just wanted to say to everyone that there is a light at the end of that tunnel. Even if it seems like you'll never get there just keep f****** pushing. You'll get there.

4 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

• Posted

This is so good to hear William.

I'm having a rough patch at the moment has the brand of Citalopram i got given recently didn't agree with me,but now i'm back on my normal brand.

3 months in & hoping 1 day i will get to where you are.

Hope all continues to do well for you

• Posted

that is great how long did it take you

• Posted

about 4 months

it was rough the first few weeks my side effects were pretty brutal.. I started on 20mg but dropped to 10mg and it has been good since.

• Posted

nice to hear a positive story are you staying on citalopram..im 18 weeks in and feel so much better altho room for a little more improvement..all the best

• Posted

Bey that's great! glad to hear it's worked for you! and thanks for coming back to let us know there is light at the end of the tunnel even though it's hard to see at the time x

I'm 10 weeks in on 30mg. my second time round and feel like I'll never get better x it worked so much faster in the past x

it's nice to see some positives to give us all that little bit of hope x

how long did it take for you to notice improvements and how long until you were back to feeling good? ❤❤

• Posted

4 months! that's crazy x what made you keep going without improvements sooner? x

most people would have changed dose or switched by then x

• Posted

four months is about correct potato.it took me 8months and there where a whole bunch more ssri i could of switch too but i did not.

• Posted

Hi what dose have you recovered on? I am on 30mg 5 and a half months now although I am feeling alot better mentally I still get alot of physical effects ie muscle pain and twitching sore eyes etc. I was really bad with anxiety and depression and health anxiety. I lost my swallow which is improving but I still find it uncomfortable. I was off work for 3 months and had terrible panic attacks. I have been back at work since November. I will keep persevering

• Posted

How long were you on 20 for and how did you reduce as people say the withdrawal effects are awful and that is all you need when you have been so poorly.

• Posted

Hi June, just to let you know I recently increased my dose to 20mg and after 3 weeks I have had to go back down to 10mg. I had side effects like, restless legs during the night and pins and needles, muscle twitching and waking so many times a night when I usually sleep well. I didn't have any symptoms like this on 10mg - my GP advised that my body wasn't coping well with a higher dose, have you considered asking your GP?x

• Posted

I am just scared of reducing as apart from the physical symptoms I feel so much better

• Posted

yes I went from 20 to 10. the withdraw symptoms were pretty bad. felt nauseous and sick for about a week. but it went away. if you reduce I suggest tapering.

• Posted

I would definately taper but did not know whether to do it in 5mgs at a time I am on 30

• Posted

yes i went down from 20 to 10 on Monday. Don't feel any different from before, still the same side effects I got from going up to 20 - not sleeping well - restless/ twitchy muscles in my legs at night. The doctor said after a week of 10mg it should subside x

• Posted

I get the muscle twitching anytime and am on 30mg it is so hard to know what to do. Maybe yours will improve in time a week seems very quick I am not sure the doctors actually know!!

• Posted

I think its a hard thing for them because everyone is different and react differently. which muscles do you get twitching in? I'm sticking with 10mg now for the long haul hust hope it can sort my anxiety out x

• Posted

Legs, arms, shoulders, back not all at the same time. It is difficult for doctors but I do not think enough explanation is given re side effects to be fair a psychiatrist upped my dose from 20 to 30 only saw him once never had a follow up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.