Recovery sleep deprivation!

Posted , 8 users are following.

I can never sleep.

I never sleep more than 2 hours at a time.

Tonight...I took MORE of everything I take to sleep.  

I am bumping into walls...when I walk but when I lay down....I'm wide awake.

This always happens in early recovery (at least for me).   I never sleep well...but especially not while in early recovery.

Does anyone reading know if there is ANY pill that will KNOCK me the FR*G out??????

I used to hate medication...but there are I few I take that I like right now....and I'm willing to take ANYTHING to sleep (except legally).

Thanks!

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

And I am currently on a CHEETO binge.....I have a great brand of them...remind me of childhood...I figured since I can't sleep I would eat some cheetos...and when I wake up in 2 hours I will eat MORE cheetos...I can't do anything in moderation....I'm NOT kidding!
  • Posted

HI Misssy.  Isn't it a nightmare ?..... Contradiction in terms, ha,ha !

Diazepam can work for me, but I don't want another addiction.  I got Zopiclone from G.P. in the past, to try to reset my bodyclock. No joy.

It would drive you mad.

I have been awake all night, it is after 5 a.m. here.

I think someone may have to hit me on the head, with a blunt instrument !

Freakin' fed-up, too.

Love from Angel. 👀

• Posted

Its making me a MAD woman...for real..I am angry all day about it.
    • Posted

And how are you Angel? I'd like to see a posted update on your status....
  • Posted

Look up slow wave sleep. 

My TSM doc gave me a low dose of gabapentin so I would sleep better. It worked fine, but I don't really need it anymore.

• Posted

sad...I TAKE Gabapentin 3x a day.....and at bed...I take Trazadone, Melatonin and Lorazepam....nothing.....I went to bed at 12 last night, up at 3, up at 4:30 and up for good 6.
  • Posted

I have deleted the comments above. Do not tell other users what medicines to take or not to take including dosages. The forums should not be used to post specific medical advice like this. This is an area for the patient's own GP as everyone's situation is unique.

Regards,

Alan 

• Posted

Oops...Ok, thanks for the heads up....I don't realize sometimes what I am doing...I don't like breaking rules...LOL....well, that's not true...smile...but I didn't mean to break this one.
    • Posted

Misssy I don't think it was you breaking any rules! I
    • Posted

Yea, I think it was someone trying to help and not realizing that the page doesn't want to be held accountable for anyone overdosing or advertising for drugs as they might be held accountable for allowing that kind of talk.

I did list what I TOOK...but I think next time I would include...what I take has been OK'd by my GP and it is very important to ensure your GP is aware of what you are taking.  

I'm seeing my GP today and I can't wait...because I keep mixing up my nightime PILL cocktail...looking for the right combination.  Hopefully she is helpful.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.