Recovery time?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone

I had my second BC last week and I went to the gyno on monday who drained it (oh the pain). My first just burst it self. I still had some discomfort for the rest of the day (i was bleeding all day though) and the day after I felt much better, the bleeding had stopped and I only had minor discomfort. Now its thursday, I have no pain but I am bleeding again from where he put the needle in. Im on a vacation so this worries me a bit. I am taking antibiotics and I am sure it is not defected. Can anybody tell me how long it took for them to heal perfectly  and has anyone experience something similar. I cant find anything about recovery after drainage on the internet and I really am looking forward to sunbath and jumping in to the pool!!!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hope this will help- may be little after the fact, but I had my 1st BC, 2 weeks ago, actually the doctor found 3.  I had them drained, then the next week I had pain even worse than before.  Went back in last week and the doctor said there was another. So I had that drained.  Just had my follow up today and all is good. No major pian.  But to  get to your question, my doctor said that I will still have some pain ( nothing like the cyst pain) for a week or two, they explained that due to the swelling because of the cyst and being poked and prodded that will cause some pain for a bit.  Hope this helps!
    • Posted

Thank you so much for the reply. I am good and well now. It took 1 and a half week to recover perfectly. The swelling went down in just few days but I was bleeding for over a week. Now I am just hoping that I will never ever get another BC in my life!
    • Posted

glad to hear everything is ok now.  I am with you, hope to never have another! 
  • Posted

I just had my bartholin's cyst drained two days ago. I know it's healing there is no pain and the swelling has gotten smaller. But! Sometimes it hurts because it's kinda dry and tender and my skin is moving like it might be trying to go back to it original form. Is it normal that it hurts a lot when healing? I'm scared it might be because it's getting worst and not actually healing. Please help!

• Posted

It did hurt for me for about a week. Specially when I was walking for a long time of period. The first 4 days where pretty bad. I dont think you should worry but if you are not 100% in 5 days I would call your gyno. Hope this helps!
    • Posted

What if it popped and started bleeding? My doctor put a catheter to help for a month. And warned me about discharges. I don't think I've ever had a discharge so I'm kinda scare of what to expect. Should I go see the doctor if I popped and started bleeding?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.