Recovery Time

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was hospitalized about a month ago because of meningitis. I was hospitalized for about 9 days. But since then i have to go through a lot of test, such as EEG, receive treatment on monthly basis, and to fully recovered, the doctor said it will take about 2-3 years. Why it have to be that long to be recovered from it? How long it usually takes to recover? Thank you.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi there. Not sure exactly why recovery takes so long. Coincidentally I was in hospital for 9 days too. Physically I was fine in a lot less than 2 years but was left with a serious speech impairment from which I've never recovered- I had meningitis 13 years ago. Guess it's quite a random thing.

• Posted

What kind of symptoms did you two have with menginitis? Did you have headaches? If so where they one sided headaches?
    • Posted

Yes, the headache is one of the symptoms. But the headache i had was not one sided, it's all over part of your head. Another symptoms is feeling nauseous, fever which usually worsen on the night, sensitive to light & sound, and also there would be red spot , in my case it was appears on face and hand.

The physician misdiagnosed me with Dengue and typhoid fever due to almost identical symptoms. If you have those symptoms better rush to hospital before it getting worse.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.