Recovery time

Posted , 4 users are following.

I broke my ankle at the beginning of July and go back to fracture clinic on Tuesday. I am very nervous about what is going to happen.  Am I going to be expected to walk out after cast has been removed. I had no surgery as it was a clean break.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I would think it would depend on how the X-Ray looks and how it has healed. You may need to be non weight bearing longer.   Don't push it ... do what the Doc says, and PT should help.  

• Posted

they may put you in an air boot and let you start to weight bear in that for a week until you feel comfortable. All doctors are different, some air on the side of caution and other push you to go for it,

so if you are fearful and want to move slowly tell your doctor what feels right for you.

best of luck

• Posted

Hi Charlotte, hope it goes Ok for you. Your ankle and leg may be a little swollen but expect to have dry and red scaly skin where the cast was. The best way of getting rid of the dry skin is a bath of Epsom or Dead Sea Salts and a gentle massage .You will be suprised by how unsteady and nervous you feel putting full weight on your foot, but just keep going and you will be OK. Your medics will advise you as to wether you need physio.

Good luck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.