Recovery time

Posted , 12 users are following.

Good Evening

LOOKING for responses, what was your recovery time, I'm coming up on 5 months and have good days but still get those blips...

WAS it months for your recovery?

I'm on 25 mg right now..and not looking to increase during these blips

Thank you

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Lori

Recovery time seems to be different for everyone after reading posts here. Some people only take weeks whereas others can take several months to recover. Maybe the dosage plays a factor in it, I don't know. I'm on 7.5 from 10 for about 7 weeks now and am starting to feel better but still have a way to go yet. The highest dose I've been on is 10 and when I first started taking them years ago I can't remember having side effects. I felt great on 10 for years until I thought I could do without them. This time around I'm finding I can't tolerate 10 or at least the side effects, so have gone to 7.5. I have things going on in my life that gives me anxiety, like many others, so it makes recovery even more difficult.

Sounds like you are having some good days so hopefully you are nearly there!

Best wishes

• Posted

HI what dose are you on please, and what medication, I am citalopram

• Posted

Sorry, I must have overlooked your question, I am taking Ciralopram 7.5 mgs.

• Posted

Hi Lori,

If you're having good days, then you're on the way to recovery.

I'm on week 14 of cit at 10mg and the light is really only just going back on over the last two weeks. But I also run, meditate, eat healthily etc. Augment the ads as much as you can and they will work better.

Recovery time varies so much from person to person.

You will get there x

• Posted

lori i take these ssris for anxiety caused by the stress of back injury pain. katecogs is so right on this!! over an 18 year period i have taken these ssris different ones and they all worked for me and they all took around 3 to 4 months to feel a little better and 6 months recovered. one time 9 months recovered. the time it took 9 months i went back on same brand took a little longer. and each time i recovered it just kept getting better and better faster after that. during recovery time i always had more anxiety in begining, each time i had good days and bad days, anxiety in morning and feel better in afternoon or evening, cant sleep good, obsessive worry and sensitive to stress. and each time what helped ssris to work faster were excersise, be around friends and family, do something, work, busy myself, accomplish something, build, fix or make something, sleep good, water aerobics, relaxing sounds, nature, encouragement on this forum, pray and meditate. and klonopin when it is real bad. the reason i have done this 4 times is i think i dont need it anymore and i ease off off of it. youd think id learn by now!!!! this go around im at around 6 1/2 months and feeling alot better had a little blip a week ago. last weeks blip anxiety was telling me i need to up dose next time i see dr but im getting better so im sticking with same dose. if you want to know if it works and if side effects are tolerable you have to try same dose and brand for at least 6 months or so. you are having good days so it sounds like you are almost there !! hang in there !!!

• Posted

Hi lori

ive been on this time 10 weeks and thought id be clever by lowering from 20mg to 10for a few days, its two weeks later and back struggling ...

i have a long history of Depression & anxiety and my first try of CIT was successful but took a good 3 months but everyone different.

keep going lovely

• Posted

Hi, i hit rock bottom with my anxiety in April this year and i really didn't feel there was ever going to be a way out for me. I have been on citalopram before for anxiety and I took twenty mg then reduced down to 10mg for five years, I just wish I hadn't stop taking it. I'm on thirty mg at the moment and I can do a good six to nine weeks without a blip, but like everyone I will still get them. Its easy to panic when we have a blip though and feel like the meds aren't working, but they are and I know i've got over this once before so I will again its just going to take time. Stick with it though it sounds like they're working and we're all here for you.x

• Posted

Thank you so much for all your responses. Today, 12 days later my blip has passed, it was truly a struggle. Thoughts feel like going crazy to thinking I won't ever recover, to the CIT isn't working, negative thought after negative thought

BUT I am here to say I got thru it, 5 months today on CIT I'm not giving up , I KNOW I WILL RECOVER

Thank you again, going back and reading the positive posts was my saving grace during this blip...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.