Recovery Time after MUA

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all - 

Hoping everyone is healing quickly and with little discomfort.  Curious to know how long does discomfirt last after an MUA? I'm not in serious pain any longer, but I'm a month out (today) and I still can't lift my arm while standing and everything I can do is at waist level.  In addition, I still feel irritation and discomfort in my arm moreso than my shoulder.  I had an MAU after undergoing rotator cuff and bicep tendonitis surgery on March 6th.

I just want my arm back - lol... is THAT too much to ask?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I had a labrum repair and a bicep tenodesis. A month later I had a MUA. It's going to take a while for you to heal. It's been a yr since all of that and I still have some aches and pains but I have most of my motion back. While the MUA helps it doesn't fix the frozen shoulder. You'll have to let it continue to run it's course. My Dr told me it could take yrs for it to completely go away but there is also no guarantee you'll make a full recovery. Especially with everything my shoulder has gone through. Give it some time a month isn't long enough for recovery. Keep doing your exersices and have some patience. Good luck to you in your healing process.

• Posted

I'm 3 months post-op from MUA and Arthroscopic release and I am still in quite a bit of pain (different from the pain with FS). I am able to finally lift my arm high enough to shave & put deodorant on! But other than that I am disappointed with my results. Still can't take a shirt off overhead or even begin to reach behind my back, or reach across to my opposite side to wash that arm etc..

I see most people tell a different story of how great their results have been. I keep waiting......

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.