Posted , 5 users are following.
Diagnosed fall 2016. Only symptom rectal bleeding, no pain etc. Prednisone had ended flares until 02/2018, but no longer works. Increased maintenance dose of Mesalamine to 4g/day for 3 weeks. Bleeding down to a trace. Back to maintenance dose and bleeding more than before. Lack of pain makes it hard for me to take this seriously (perhaps not seriously enough), but inconvenience got my attention--passing wind or a strong cough may suddenly eject smelly mucous and blood/clots. Earliest appointment I could get with my gastro-enterologist is July 12 (he's out of the country). Want advice on whether this is serious enough to immediately find another gastro doctor or whether it is safe to wait until 7/12. I like the guy I have. Thanks!
0 likes, 4 replies