Rectal bleeding post repair?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all. I am 3 weeks post a & p repair. Apart from a bumpy start i have been recovering well.

I had a bm earlier. Soft, no pain, no straining so i was suprised when i went to wipe there was quite a bit of frank blood in the toilet bowl and on the toilet paper when wiping. Definitely wasnt vaginal blood.

Has anyone else experienced this? I dont know why it would have happened as from my knowledge nothing is cut or sutured rectally it was all vaginal?

Can anyone shed some light?

Ta

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I think there was a post about this just the other day sarah and it tends to happen quite frequently. It's often not anything to worry about and can be a blood clot that hasn't dispersed or a stitch dissolving.
  • Posted

Sarah, doesn't the posterior repair have stitched near to the back vag... wall, that when wiping may appear to be from rectum.

I had a stitch end to side of perineum, that irritated me and when wiping must have stretched the area causing bleeding.

Matron of course will know best and will no doubt answer soon.

Phyl x☺

• Posted

phyl you are absolutely right. Please stay on this forum when you return to work. I know you'll be busy but your advice is always spot on x
    • Posted

Thank you matron,

But can only really draw on my own experience and compare, we still need you yourself Matron just to be sure nothing more serious to worry about!

I really just parrot of advice that you yourself gave to me along with my own experience.

Phyl x☺

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.