Rectal cancer development.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've had bowel cancer and am apparently clear now 6 years on. My final colonoscopy was ok about a year ago, but now I'm getting paranoid about rectal cancer. I've been constipated for a few days but my bowel movements vary anyway with half a bowel left and no gall bladder. I think rectal polyps or cancer take a while to develop (?), but every little twinge worries me. There are dark stools at times, maybe caused by the December diet changes such as rich food, there is no weight loss, nausea, vomiting etc. I think it's all in my mind, but any comments would be appreciated.

I'm sorry to post this, but my emergency bowel cancer really scared me. One more thing, I had radiotherapy for prostrate cancer 11 months ago which might still be having some effect. Thanks.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.