Rectal intussusception?

Posted , 3 users are following.

After a bit of advice and reassurance (hopeful). After 2 months of pelvic floor related issues (generally more aware of it all / going for a wee but feeling like emptying is slower and the standing and a drip or even air bubble comes out / some

stool trappage in small ish rectocele and rectal

pressure) i have now seen both urogynae and colorectal consultants.

Urogynae said nothing has prolapsed other than small ish rectocele which i knew i had. Referred me to pelvic floor physio who i have already seen twice. she said strength isn't too bad but could get better.

Colorectal was a bit more revealing. Seems i have a grade 4 intussusception. Could be that causing feeling of pressure ... or that coupled with rectocele and general pelvic floor strength or lack of. Going to do repeat of tests i did 5 years ago to see if things have worsened (the pooping xray, colonoscopy and pelvic floor) and then see where we go from him. seemed very hesitant to discuss surgery and seemed more focused on strengthening pelvic floor.

I am ok with that for now but wondered if anyone has had this. Can pelvic floor improve things. Anyone had a surgical procedure for this?? not sure i can cope with the feeling of laying an egg for the rest of my time... only 45.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

i am so happy i found this forum, I felt so alone and I tried to talk to one friend and she couldn't relate at all, I have recently been diagnosed with rectocele and was referred to a therapist. i went for one appointment and for financial reasons am trying all the excersises myself. i am so uncomfortable and bowel movement is terrifying to me now if I get constipated for fear it will get worse, my doctor thinks itsnt bad enough to have surgery which she doesn't think is successful most of the time. im 48 and in Ontario Canada. do you have a partner? i have no desire for anything sexual and don't want to discuss this with my new husband. i hope you are feeling better.

• Posted

i am so happy i found this forum, I felt so alone and I tried to talk to one friend and she couldn't relate at all, I have recently been diagnosed with rectocele and was referred to a therapist. i went for one appointment and for financial reasons am trying all the excersises myself. i am so uncomfortable and bowel movement is terrifying to me now if I get constipated for fear it will get worse, my doctor thinks itsnt bad enough to have surgery which she doesn't think is successful most of the time. im 48 and in Ontario Canada. do you have a partner? i have no desire for anything sexual and don't want to discuss this with my new husband. i hope you are feeling better.

• Posted

• Posted

hi there i had a rectocele and had surgery for it 3 weeks ago visually its a ton better but i still have a feeling like a tampon is stuck if thats makes sence i am hoping its just swelling

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.