rectal pain and greenish vaginal discharge

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi Ladies

16 days post op

Ive had a bit of an upset tum for a couple of days which caused very loose stool with cramping  and my bum today feels like it has something rammed in there so very uncomfortble to sit or even lie on my back . i have a cough/cold with a need to bring up phlem which is making my insides at the front sore and achy and also the discharge seems to be a slight greenish colour as opposed to brownish, does this mean infection?

I have recurring depression and had meds changed before my op so have been very up and down whilst waiting for the 4-6 weeks that is needed for the anti depressants to work properly

I think i am probably over analysing my aches and pains but cant put away how horribly ill i feel these last few days :-(

sorry for moaning on but needed to speak it out loud! 

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Aw, so sorry to hear...perhaps a call to your doc might help if things are that uncomfortable. I know I went through "stages" of healing, one day not so bad and the next, pains in places I didn't know existed! Please take care of yourself and don't hesitate to ask your doc for help. Let us know how things go...
    • Posted

Thanks Barb I will i am actually going to ring the hospital where i was and see what they say
    • Posted

Poor you x now get some peace of mind with a check up. You know when you need to get advice and this sounds like the time. Then rest up. Your body is working on healing quite a few sites by the sounds of it, remember that x it takes so much out of you, and something that I don't think people even consider in these busy times.
  • Posted

So glad to hear you are checking this out - although I imagine the examination will be uncomfortable. Maybe take some pain relief before going in? Please let us know - I am rooting for you.
  • Posted

Aww poor you, it sounds really uncomfortable. I agree I think you need to get checked out to be on the safe side. I only had brown discharge for a very short time. now it just seems a bit on the whiter side (I'm 4.5 weeks post op).

I too have suffered with depression (familiy issues with our autistic son) and it's tough dealing with other things too. I think when you are trying to rest but you have too much time to think, it's so hard. Saying that I think the aches and pains after this op are very real and nobody tells you of this before. Hope you get on ok, let us know how things go. Take care

• Posted

Sorry to hear that hun,I've had a flu type bug for the past 3 weeks and it really has put a strain on my undercarriage but finally getting better, Hope you feel better soon,depression is a nasty one and you aren't moaning at all,we are all here for each other,support and love from people you have never and unlikely to ever meet but we are there every step of the way for you x

• Posted

Rosie, thank you for saying what I was thinking...and on International Women's Day as well!  
    • Posted

thank you and i agree i am so happy to have found this site

lots of love to you all back

x

• Posted

have spoken to the hospital today who did the surgery and im off this afternoon to GP to have swabs taken.. am very nervous as i think they will want to use the opening up gadget  urrrgh !!
    • Posted

Oh no, good luck. Let us know how you get on. Take care
    • Posted

Yikes!  Take some pain relief before you go!!  Please let us know what happens.  So sorry you gave to do this....
  • Posted

Mine didn't use the speculum darling, just a swab, and it was painless. I was only 2 weeks post op too and felt like i was sitting on broken glass. I had another one to check it had cleared. No pain.The meds will clear up your infection, (if thats what it is) and i can help you with tips for great gut health to support your complex healing xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.