Rectal pain/bleeding

Posted , 4 users are following.

6 weeks ago, started to feel a pressure inside my anus, not painful and was given antibiotics for suspected UTI . was told could be Prostatitus. seemed to clear after antibiotics for awhile. have a scan coming Wednesday.

but in the last 2 weeks i have got it back combined with pain and itching. just now i passed stool and when wiping i noticed a small amount of blood on the paper. not a lot at all, just about a centimeter smear of red dried blood.

i have suffered with ibs for awhile and the anxiety sometimes gets to me, just like it is now. has anyone had something like this? i never had blood before and im really starting to worry.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

sounds like hemorrhoids. I have ibs and from years of straining I developed them. I often see bright red blood, never a lot, on toilet paper. I also have the pressure and itching. I can also feel the swelling in my anus.

• Posted

I wouldn't worry. You may have a haemorrhoid which can cause itching and bleeding. Sometimes, antibiotics can irritate your stomach too. Try a stool softener. Good luck with your scan.

• Posted

Hi Redi989

if you are worried maybe make a doctors appointment and get your self checked over but it could be hemorrhoid 's some time when you sweet it could make you itch may be use some soft toilet papper it could help .

• Posted

thank you for your replies.

i will visit a doctor first thing Monday. visited a local pharmacist for advice and he gave me some suppositories to help with itching and pain

• Posted

hi there again.

I've now had an ultrasound on bladder kidney and prostate. all normal.

had rectal exam. normal. found nothing.

blood tests found nothing.

but still having rectal pain, more like minor discomfort, especially while urinating. it is becoming annoying and worrying. anybody experienced something similar?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.