Rectal pressure

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm hoping someone else has or is experiencing this and can help. My problems started since I had a smear ?? including pressure in my rectum area. It is constant a dull heavy feeling . I've had blood tests and a transvaginal scan, nothing showed up but do have fibroids biggest 2cm. Been referred to gyno for follow up. He's booked me for a MRI to look at relationship between bowel and womb. Really worried it could be something serious.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Sarah, the same thing happened to me. I had a pap smear and after that I'm having pelvic pain that starts on the left side and moves to the right side I'm also having mild rectal pain, and some constipation. My ultrasound showed I had a very small fibroid, so my doctor don't think that's causing the pain. Did you get any answers, if so I hope all is well with you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.