Rectal pressure and LS

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have had LS for years and have struggled with it in my anal area. Sometimes my skin is raw and I have unpleasant sensations. Lately I've been having some rectal pressure too. Have an appointment with my gynocologist for my LS and will prob ask him but I'm so scared it could be something sinister. Have any of you had rectal pressure in connection to your LS  in the anal area? 

I do have a lot of muscle aching in general and my lower body muscles are tight so it may be that. 

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I have that all the time. I think the entire area on our lady parts can have problems since it is a skin disease. Plus all the activity down there doesn't help. I hope you feel better. I believe that is a normal occurrence. I would ask the doc though. Take care!

• Posted

Thanks for your response.  Helps to know I'm not the only one although it's not nice any of us have the problem. Have you talked to your doctor?  What did he say?  

• Posted

Sandra I have had LS for the past year and am waiting for biopsy next month. I too have the same symptoms as you do in the anal area which is giving me the most grief: tearing, aching, bruising, pressure and itching. The steroid ointment has helped somewhat but the irritation is always there. As mentioned before by others I do believe stress brings on flareups. I'm hoping my gyne appointment will give me answers to my questions. So sorry we all have to struggle with this terrible disease. 

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. It means a lot to hear of other's experiences. This is a nasty condition.   This anal pressure has really been getting me down. 

• Posted

the castor oil mixture fixed the itching problem in my anal area. 4 tablespoons Organic Castor Oil. 1 DROP Lemon Grass Essence Oil, 2 DROPS Lavender Essence Oil. don't exceed the drops and use a small dropper. Dip your finger in the mixture and apply once or twice a day.

• Posted

This is great to know. I bought castor oil but was unsure if it was ok to use "down there ". Thanks. 

• Posted

I use to have the pressure feeling.  My doc put me on miralax daily.  Although I didn't feel like I was contipated, the miralax made me super regular and the pressure feeling went away.  I also increased my water intake.  As far as tears, I wipe withfragrence free baby wipes.  I also wet the wipes to lesson the friction and use aquafor healing ointment or Theraneem triple neemcare ointment after every wipe. The routine israew a pain especially in public places but after two weeks of diligent routine you should see a huge difference. 

• Posted

Thank you for those suggestions.   it's greatly appreciated. Do you purchase those ointments in a pharmacy?

• Posted

All over the counter. Miralax by the pepto.  Aquafor by the first aid ointments.  Neem ointment harder to find.  I found in local health food store but I think you can order online.  It has a bit of a smell but works wonders.  I also use it when my cuticles split and it completely heals in 2 to 3 applications.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.