Rectal prolapse?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I'm interested to see if anyone knows if this looks like Rectal prolapse or hemarroids /piles? I can't find a real image of rectal prolapse so a bit perplexed. Sorry the image is a bit much.

I was at the doctors last week as for a few months I've felt like I never completely empty my bowels. Then the last couple of weeks when having a BM I could feel something come out and then go back in once I relax.

When I saw the doctor, I hadn't yet looked myself so wasn't aware what it looked like or I'd have explained it better to her. When she examined me, she wouldn't see it as it only comes out when I strain. I've read that if prolapse is suspected you may be asked to squat.

She said that she doesn't know what it is but she can feel a swelling. I'm waiting for a colonoscopy and have done a qfit test. I also have tenderness lower right abdomen. image

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Anyone? Just to see if anyone thinks so or has any ideas. Thanks

• Posted

it does look like a rectal prolapse to me:/ or maybe mucosal prolapse. is this with pushing or just normally? I would try to get an apt with a Colorectal dr asap to get it looked at

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. This is when pushing.

I'm waiting on a colonoscopy. Do you think I should get back in touch with my GP to ask to get referred to a colerctoral doctor instead?

Or do they do colonoscopy too?

Thanks x

• Posted

do prolapse also happen and visible when straining? wondering if you can feel internal hemorrhoids when straining too?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.