Recto-enterocele and sacro fixation

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had my op 4 weeks ago and my belly is still swollen and has blown up a bit more has anyone else had the same I also think I over did it today naughty I know Chrissy x

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Im almost 4 months post opp, and by the afternoon my belly is bloated...its been a long recovery, don't get upset

• Posted

Oh yes, Chrissy, definitely had swelling especially at 4 weeks even after doing just a very little bit. I really felt I looked as if I was at least 6 months along pregnant by the size of my belly and truth even up to 6 weeks post op had good been of swelling maybe more like 4 months along haha and ugh. 

I am now 11 weeks post op anterior and posterior repair along with hernia repair and kind of over did things (didn’t seem like it at the time) last weekend with kids and grandkids home for Mother’s Day. On Monday I had slight swelling/bloating and pressure in my pelvic floor area. I spent Monday just resting.

I guess it is do something couple of days rest one day repeat even at 11 weeks...but not at 4 weeks for you for sure!

Remember, Chrissy, you should still be in the do nothing all day...repeat mode! Rest and take care of yourself for another month for sure and maybe longer. Prayers for a full recovery!

• Posted

Thank you I'm so worried about my job coz I have 2 jobs and do cleaning I work 40 hours a week and walk 10 hours a week to my jobs so as you can see I'm always on the go it's so hard to relax I do knitting so that helps tremendously Chrissy x

• Posted

Try not to worry. I had bad belly bloat for about 6 weeks after Hysterectomy SSF and A and P repairs.    I would wake up looking normal and grow as the day went on. I am now 11 weeks and although I don’t balloon anymore and my weight is less than beore my op, my belly is still rounder. I am having to wear softer stretchier clothes as I am not comfortable anymore in my jeans. Thank goodness  it’s summer. The  bloating is annoying but very normal. Your body has been though a lot. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.