Rectocele

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi I would like to hear from people who have a rectocele and are just being left to suffer in pain with doctors think it's all in your head that u can cope with pressure up bum burning lower back legs hurt and pelvic area all they do is treat you for consipation I would love everyone to get together and tell there story and suffering with there rectocele I think they don't have a clue what us women have to put up relation ship falling apart can't do anything with my kids grandkids it's disgraceful don't know how long I can go on living like this see my physio again tmro going to tell her it's not my diet enough is enough

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

Urogynacologist is a must.. Do you research online the consu that's close to you. I travelled home to wales to see mine as I was recommended. Good luck

• Posted

Hello, Martina, I to felt like you, but now have found a lovel lady on NHS, who has the time to Listen to me, and after examination, she said I had a small rectocele , with i continence, and  is now going to try me fiirst on a device, that you use to imitate the pelvic floor  exercises , as I do find them hard to do, especially after a year of doing it the wrong way (from Internet ) so I am willing to give this a try, I will buy it after the next visit , to make sure when she tries it on me again there is a  any improvement . 

• Posted

I hv to say val I'm glad there trying something with you when I rang the NHS the woman was really nice she consoled me she said it was terrible for me to be left in all this pain she did give me an number to ring a girl she knows to see will they do it private but can't seem to get through it's just an answering machine it would be like heaven to get it sorted bk to physio tmro wonder could she do anything

• Posted

Hi Martina push to see a urogynaecologist! I saw my gp and they diagnosed a mild cystocele and referred me to physio which took months then I done a course of physio still no help, wasn't getting referred to anyone else so after a year (not including the two years previous I'd been going not even diagnosed with mild!) I went to see a urogynae private and she couldn't understand that they thought I had a mild cystocele, she graded a grade 2/3 rectocele and recommended surgery which was found to be a grade 3 rectoenterocele which I had repairs for and a grade 1 uterus prolapse. Confusing and physio said I only had mild cystocele and didn't need to see a urogynae, I knew it seemed more than mild so push to see the right people to diagnose properly and good luck.

• Posted

Thanks Donna I have a grade 2 rectocele 2 years ago hope it hasn't got any bigger I will deffo ask my gp can he refer me to see one as I'm in terrible pain constantly thanks for your reply so kind

• Posted

Hi Martina

I feel for you. 

How many weeks post op are you?

Pain subsided for me after 2 1/2 weeks prior to that needed pain meds

Peta

• Posted

Demand a referral to a Urogynaecologist as pelvic floors are their specialty & doubt they will fob you off. They have done 3yrs extra training than regular Gynaecologists, in pelvic floor prolapses and surgeries. 

• Posted

Physio's are not trained to diagnose, & it is outside their field and should not be allowed. You need a fully trained medical Doctor for that. 

• Posted

Thanks robbin was there this morning she put gel up trying to relax spincer muscle told her pain I was in she told me to ring my consulting make another appointment or try get it done private I just can't take much more of this pain it's so sore it's now affecting my legs when walking

• Posted

All the best and it sure sounds like you really do just need the surgery ASAP. Hugs
    • Posted

Thanks again. Soon as I stopped texing you hospital rang to go in Thursday day ward to see what's going on I'm terrified to be knocked out cause I smoke I hv to get it done though

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.