Rectocele at 20

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've diagnosed myself with rectocele I've had no children but bad constipation and I'm only 20! My gyno said everything looks 'normal' and couldn't find it! I was emotional so he reffered me to physio (I'm waiting on appointment) I'm wondering is any other young woman have had this problem? I'm a lot looser than I used to be and I feel horrible and it's knocked my confidence. I really want and need the op to get my life back on track (but I do want children in the future) how do I get my gyno to refer me to a surgeon? I've heard they don't normally like doing the operation on the young? Surely it would mean I would heal more quickly thou? Anyone else had rectocele repair ? How did it go? And how long did you have to wait for the op on nhs? I'm very deppressed

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Can I ask how you self diagnosed a bowel prolapse please. I am 54, menopausal and have had a bladder prolapse repair done early December. I also had a partial bowel prolapse that repaired itself when bladder was pushed back into place.

My symptoms for my bowel was that it was partially protruding into vagina. It felt like I was having to poo around a 'U' bend and sometimes when I was needing a poo it would collect in that 'u' bend and the only way I could pass the poo would be to put my thumb into vagina and press on the back wall of it to guide the poo in the right direction.

Do you take stool softeners like Movicol, lactulose etc.

It was my GP who told me that I had a prolapse when I had my last smear test as I didn't know..

I am sure your gp would be able to tell.

• Posted

Same as you I can't go unless I push on my back wall, I can feel a slight lump. And I'm always bloated. Sometimes it doesn't feel like I've fully emptied and my vagina is a lot looser than it used to be I'm guessing it's die to the rectocele stretching it sad have you had a op? My gp have me movicol but sometimes it just makes things harder to get out. Do you have a partner ?if so does he notice your prolapse ?im so embarrassed expecially cos I'm young and had no kids
    • Posted

I had an anterior repair early December and as my bowel prolapse was the lesser one it popped back when they pushed bladder back up. Sex is not an issue.
  • Posted

Hi, I know it's been while but did you ever get more clarity on this issue? I have the exact same problem and symptoms. I'm 20

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.