Rectocele/cystocele operation on Thursday

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi everyone I have my Rectocele cystocele operation on Thursday and I'm so worried it's going to be cancelled due to the junior doctor strike on the 26th/27th. Does anybody have any idea on how this works and if it was going to be cancelled would I have already been notified?

Sorry I know it's something silly to worry about I've been waiting so long for this to happen really don't want it to be cancelled.

Thankyou for reading xx

2 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hello. If your surgery was going to be cancelled they would have informed you by now. Some junior doctors are working despite the strike and obviously consultants are working. Your consultant will only need a nurse to assist him in theatre.
    • Posted

Thankyou matron you truly are a star. I'm so worried over it I think I'm overthinking things so I'm not worrying too much about op if that makes sence 🙈 Xx
    • Posted

Makes perfect sense. Try and relax and you can always ring your consultants secretary in the morning if you just want to hear it "from the horses mouth" so to speak. I won't get too political here but it's a sad state of affairs when patients are inconvenienced, operations and procedures cancelled by members of a caring profession.
    • Posted

I spoke to the secretary on Friday regarding my Mrsa results which they couldn't find they then rang me back and said they had them there 😰 Nothing was said then I go into Derriford on Wednesday to sign my consent form.

I know I don't really understand all the strikes or why there happening but have read parts on the news that's why I was starting to worry.

Thankyou again xx

• Posted

Hi. I had my 1st surgery cancelled due to bed shortage. They rang me the day before to say I was on standby and to ring on the morning. This was cancelled on the day I was due to go in. When reschedule they advised not likely to be cancelled a second time but yet again was put on standby the day before! ! Thankfully when I put up a stink they went ahead with the op. I have been told they get £100 fine for second cancelled appointment not sure if this is true? ! Good luck hon and fingers crossed for you. Xx
    • Posted

Thankyou so much I'm really hoping it won't be cancelled as I've been waiting since last August for my operation to go ahead 😕 Xx
  • Posted

My original op was cancelled in Jan due to the junior dr's strike and was rearranged for March; like you I was worried it would be cancelled as it was the Next day after 48hr strike was due to finish. Everything went to plan. No cancellation and amazing care from everyone that dealt with my op and after care.

Like Matron said you would have heard ivy now. Good luck with your op x

• Posted

hi i had my surgery cancelled 48 hrs before operation , this was due to no beds but was still given my op within the time scale x
  • Posted

That's not good - have you rang the hospital? Good luck xx
    • Posted

Hiya yes I rang the hospital today no operations on Thursday have been cancelled only Tuesday/Wednesday. Xxx
    • Posted

So you've been cancelled? Sorry couldn't quite understand your post xx
    • Posted

Sorry no Thursday is ok 😊 I'm still on the list xx
    • Posted

Oh thank goodness for that. Xx
    • Posted

I know I'm so glad still a little on edge though. Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.