Rectocele - has it come back? What should I do?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm a 40 year old woman who had a prolapse repair in 2019 that has been successful.

The past two weeks I have had a cough and chest infection and my period. Ive been on antibiotics and along with my period have left me feeling consipated. When I had a bowel movement, i dont feel empty and looked in the mirror and could see a lump at vaginal opening that can be pushed back up.

I am now fretting that my prolapse as returned and dont know what to do for the best. I have to book in for a smear and wondering if the nurse would be able to tell

Disclaimer:

I am overweight and havent been doing pelvic floor exercises like i should.

I just dont want to get back to the stage it was pre operation.

Any advice would be gratefully received

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Yes I'm sure the nurse would be able to tell. Rectoceles can recur but usually in another weak area of the vaginal wall. Try not to get constipated. Take Fybogel if that happens often. Dont strain when emptying your bowels.

I think you already know that you should be losing some weight and doing those exercises, but hey! none of us are perfect. just try to stop that bulge getting bigger.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.