Rectocele horror

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have recently been diagnosed with rectocele and it is ruining my life. I feel like my whole life revolves around my next bowel movement. I’m constantly afraid of the bulge I will feel if I need to push even the slightest bit. Sometimes it’s very uncomfortable and a bit painful. I am terrified to try to have sex. Even a tampon made me uncomfortable. I definitely do not want the surgery as it sounds awful. My doctor says it’s not that bad but to me it feels horrible. Anyone else dealing with this? How do I live life with this?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am in the same position as yourself because as well as the rectocele I feel as if my bowel is dropping out and going to the loo now is a big ordeal as you don’t know what’s waiting for you. 
    • Posted

Sorry to hear you’re going through this. It certainly isn’t fun. I know my quality of life has decreased quite a bit because of this. It’s sad and scary. 
    • Posted

It has for me too as am aware of the problem every minute of the day.  Hurts to sit and not much better standing and no diagnosis as yet.
  • Posted

i had a stage three rectocele repaired last summer. It was a piece of cake, no terrible pain involved. It was done vaginally by my GYN. I did have a minor discharge for about six weeks afterwards. Its wonderful to poop normally now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.