Rectocele op 3 weeks ago

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi ladies. Had my op 3 weeks ago nd don't feel too bad but am worried about doing too much. I have pottered around the house, done some light jobs and sat down a lot. I get very stiff sitting for ant length of time. I bleed when I have a bm or blow my nose too hard and have general achy tummy. I am guessing this is all normal. I want to drive soon and have to start back at work in a couple of weeks but am worried I might not be up to it.  I sit all day in my job and at home am able to wander around or go for a walk.  Feeling a bit confused as to how I should be feeling. I am worried work will think I am faking it ......

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ann, you could be pushing it expecting to go back to work in 2 weeks. I did start to feel a lot better by 6 weeks but still very tired and napping most days. Sore tummy sounds normal but not sure about the blood loss. Have you been for your checkup yet? 
  • Posted

Hello ann. It took me about 6-8 weeks before I started to feel better and didn't even think of driving until about 10 weeks. I was off work for 13 weeks and went back graduated return. Remember you've had major surgery. Listen to your body and take things easy.
    • Posted

i guess I m impatient but also worried I won't get paid .....
  • Posted

Hi

Like everyone is saying it can take 6+ week to recover. I didn't drive for 6 weeks and returned to work after 9 weeks off. I felt ready when I went back though and apart from feeling a little tired of I didn't get enough sleep I have been great. I had a light but constant blood loss for six weeks. Made me think my body was still healing and I slept 12+ hours every day. Don't rush back if you can help it.

• Posted

My imagine not driving for that long and am going to try working from home coz worried about pay 
  • Posted

If you can work from home that will be much better. You can work for a while, have a nap etc etc . Good luck! PS ignore my concern about blood loss, I had virtually none and forgot its a normal part of healing! smile 
  • Posted

Have a dull ache in my stomach - I guess this is normal. The discharge is yucky!!! rolleyes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.