Rectocele pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

i am nearly seven weeks post op and was feeling ok ,so today i thought i would do a bit of housework nothing major ,and now i really hurt ,taken some codeine again ,i thought by 7 weeks i should be able to cope better than this , how do peopke go back to work at 6 weeks ,i know it is a major operation but what is realistic this far on ,feeling frustrated again

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear you have overdone it and feeling bad. I am afraid they are a bit unrealistic about recovery time with that operation and it takes a lot longer to recover. I still needed lots of rests in between doing little jobs around the house and got very tired for quite a few months afterwards and any lifting is definitely out of the question. Take care of yourself and get another sick note from your GP. They will understand.

• Posted

hi did you have this op ,if so how long does it take to be back to normal ,i am not worried about being signed off as i gave up my cleaning job last year ,it is surprising how long it takes to recover ,thanks for your reply

• Posted

Hi Emma

I had rectocele, cystocele and hysterectomy done at same time last year.. I had 15 weeks off work and the rectocele took the longest to recover from.. doctors are not realistic with healing time.. listen to your body and dont overdo it x

• Posted

Hi. I am just over 5 weeks post rectocele op and today is the first day I have not had pain or aching. I had an infection at 3 weeks and the pain was like being back at post-op. It really set me back. I am going back to work next week (office job) and finally feel ready to start getting back to normal. I thought i would be recovered after a couple of weeks so I do think we are not told how intense the recovery is. If your pain is going backwards rather than improving, maybe see if you can checked for possible infection?

• Posted

thanks ladies fir your replies ,i was very lazy today so hopefully i will be back to normal soon , thats good you are going back to work rachel ,i guess everyone recovers at different speeds how long did your op take rachel ,as my surgeon said mine was challenging and took 2.30 hours ,maybe thats why i am finding it tricky

• Posted

dont rush back.one chance of a full recovery but plenty of chances to get back to norm99.enjoy the sun☀️🌝

• Posted

I had a rectocele, sacrospinous hysteropexy, and TVT sling done about 8 weeks ago, and I'm still having some pain. I'm not sure if it's the rectocele or the sacrospinous hysteropexy, but I think it's the pudendal nerve. It's actually new pain as I didn't notice this until the last couple of weeks. The healing makes everything a moving target! I'm in PT and have some issues with overactive bladder as well. I'm glad I had the repair work done, but there's a lot going on here. My point is that this likely takes several months to settle down. GOod luck with your recovery!

• Posted

I had a rectocele, sacrospinous hysteropexy, and TVT sling done about 8 weeks ago, and I'm still having some pain. I'm not sure if it's the rectocele or the sacrospinous hysteropexy, but I think it's the pudendal nerve. It's actually new pain as I didn't notice this until the last couple of weeks. The healing makes everything a moving target! I'm in PT and have some issues with overactive bladder as well. I'm glad I had the repair work done, but there's a lot going on here. My point is that this likely takes several months to settle down. GOod luck with your recovery!

• Posted

its lovely to hear from you all ,i am now 8 weeks and feel not too bad , i know when i have over done it ,just teally bored now ,its so interrsting to hear everyones stories ,i think we all will get there in the end ,just takes a while ,goid luck to everyone in your recovery ,us ladies need to stick together and help where we can x

• Posted

hi ladies ,8 weeks post op from recticele ,was starting to feel normal again ,went for a long walk yesterday ,i think that was a bad idea i am now in bed with alot if pain ,is this normal ? x

• Posted

hi Emma

were you walking up hills or flat? I'd say hills at this stage are too much for yiur pelvic floor as it's still very weak.

my consultant told me gentle walk first couple of months then after around 3 months I could go walking up hills as long as I wasnt in any pain.

yiur still early days yiu know.

I really took it easy for up to 6 months and I had tvh and anterior. x

• Posted

hi welshgirl , thanks for your comment ,it was mainly on the flat ,but a short hill with steps ,the problem is i feel fine at the time its the next day it hits me ,pain internally and lower back pain ,short walks how far ? i need to do something as i am going through the menopause and have put on a bit of weight round my middle ,the joys of being a woman xx

• Posted

yes it's a tight nuisance..recovery can cause weight gain as we are not moving.

I avoided steps and just walked flat until about 4 months.

I really avoided mist exercises apart walking then swimming from 12 wks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.