Rectocele Prolapse Surgery 05/01/22

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all,

I'm 32, in the UK and had rectocele surgery for a stage 3 prolapse on 5th Jan, so I'm just over two weeks post op.

I'm not really sure how I should be feeling at this stage of my recovery? Or what I can or cannot do.

I've been taking it easy the last couple of weeks, doing a little more today but I feel exhausted now. I haven't left the house since I was discharged from hospital.

Still experiencing discomfort, mostly outside and still have the bleeding which varies between a pinkish/brown colour.

I also didn't realise I'd be cut externally and I'm sure it doesn't sit right. Hope this makes sense?

Any words of wisdom/knowledge/experience welcome!

Huge thanks!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hallo Holly, the recovery time for this is a minimum of 6 weeks, taking it very slowly ,not lifting anything and putting your feet up, and resting as much as possible. When you finally feel like going outside, dont walk for more than 10 minutes and gradually build up the time.

The bleeding sounds normal. It will gradually stop. If it becomes smelly or has pus in it, or increases , talk to your doctor.

The discomfort is from the stitches and they will gradually disintegrate and fall away, Rectocele surgery often involves the perineum so I guess thats what you mean by external cuts.

It will get better, you are still in the early tender recovery phase. Its worth it in the end.

PS yes, Ive had this surgery, so I know what you are going through.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.