Rectocele reapir number two and feel terrible.

Posted , 3 users are following.

And of course wouldn't you know it right after I submitted my question on Kathryn's post then I get the opt to start a discussion. Lol

I am on rec repair number two. I do not recall this much pain the first time amd I am also feeling a very very strong tugging and pulling sensation with is scaring the be-jeezuz out of me. Went into a crying spelling about an hour ago and had to seek support. Is the pulling sensation a bad sign or normal?

As I said, I cannot recall any pulling the first time or this much pain.

(Well maybe more pain because doc did go in more "aggressively" this time. I did go back to the same doc)

Any support and replies would be so very much appreciated.

Thank you all ladies.😊

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Apologies. I did not clarify that the pulling sensation is in the vaginal walls.

Thank you

• Posted

Hi Sandra, 

Know exactly what you mean by tugging and pulling sensation.

I am 2 years post op for front and back vaginal wall repairs, and felt exactly the same and like you didn't feel that sensation first time I had repair (3 years previous to second repair a hysterectomy and front vaginal wall repair) . 

I don't think that my first repair was done so tight and while I always thought it had reprolapsed early on I managed to cope with most daily chores as well as returning to work without any major problems. 

This second repair felt tight (may have been because it was back and front walls) right from day one as if it was straining to come down or like muscle spasms. Anyway after 2 years it hasn't reprolapsed but I do have tight scar tissue which still gets nippy and I stiffen up (like ligament damage and can be really painful) and although I returned to work have not been able to build up my shifts this time  so maybe thinking it's definitely been done too tight. 

Still hoping it will slacken off a bit more through time but if slackening of means it could fail again I suppose I'd rather be a bit tight.

I worry that if I ever need another repair that my bowel wall could burst as the internal tissue seems rather thin despite using estriol topical cream. 

X

• Posted

Hi Ssndra

I had a deep pulling and deep pain in my right butt at the far end of the rectocele. It settled down after 2 weeks. I expected the stitches had been embedded fairly deeply there but it has resolved itself. 

Not sure when you had your op?

Cheer up though things will get better 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.