Rectocele repair 13days ago.. fresh bleedingHi I'm 34 and have 2 children- 4&9. I had a rectocele re

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I'm 34 and have 2 children- 4&9. I had a rectocele repair plus fentons, perineorrahpy and skin bridge repair nearly 2 weeks ago.

Had no bleeding the first 4 days at home just very heavy discharge . I then came down with a cold cough and sore throat plus temp as well as simultaneously started to bleed fresh blood plus clots which has been a slow trickle for 6 days non stop . I'm a midwife so know what fresh bleeding can be . I went back to see the Consultant yesterday and he said he can see an area which looks irritated and is bleeding high up . I'm now on augmentin for a week just wondered how long any one else's fresh bleeding carried on for , also pain in ovary area that shoots up from I guess incision sites .... hope this doesn't go on too much longer!? X

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Fresh bleeding is common following this surgery but as you know passing clots isn't as normal and something that needs to be investigated. From experience I would expect the bleeding to reduce now you are taking Augmentin. Regarding your ovary pain I'm wondering if it's referred pain from an incision. If you haven't had any problems before I would think that's the most realist cause. It's lovely to read you are a midwife. Sometimes I regret leaving Midwifery and being privileged being present at a new birth.

• Posted

Hi Matron

Thank you for replying . I didn't realise it had posted twice -tried to correct a typo but didn't realise - not sure how can delete??

Well I've been on abx for 6 days so far and still bleeding it isn't flooding but it's a constant v slow trickle . Consultant told me to stay on abx due to area which 'looks' infected ( swab a week ago said nothing but he said it could have developed afterwards) .... I got a nasty pseudomonas infection 4 years ago after an erpc after 2nd daughter s which caused pid so I do get pelvic pain but this was awful this week. Not sure how long to leave the bleeding it's about the same as period I guess . Hate looking like a hypochondriac ! Yes I only qualified last Sept ! X

• Posted

You aren't a hypochondriac maria and nobody will think you are. Personally I would speak to your GP or if possible your surgeon just for reassurance. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about and as you know when there's bleeding it often looks worse than it is but I think in view of your past history you would settle knowing everything was ok. Post op recovery from this surgery is often difficult so at least you could rest knowing everything is ok.

• Posted

Just hate returning for issues that are apparently 'normal !' I think I'll give it another few days , finish abx and see if it lets up at all . I'm not really sure how long bleeding goes on for or the discharge too with this surgery ?

I didn't anticipate having the rectocele done as originally it was just the fentons and perineorraphy ! Didn't think I'd have to have it done yet ! Xx

• Posted

Hi there

I've had major fresh bleeding again enough to fill a pad in an hour plus clots again this morning . Going to see if eases up after shower but I finish abx tomo wonder if shld get more ? I'm day 24 of my cycle and usually have a 33-40 day cycle so wonder if the bleeding is that too but I don't think it is as it's .... different if you know what I mean ?

X

• Posted

You can usually tell when it isn't a period which you have. You shouldn't be passing clots maria. Try and speak to your doctor and keep in touch x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.