Rectocele repair

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am looking into finding a doctor at UNC Urogynecology to have a Rectocele/ enterocele repair. I am a little nervous about pain and ability to have my sex life and bowel movements return to normal. Bowel movements are horrible and I feel nothing but a big numb void vaginally.

Any suggestions or anything????

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had surgery at UNC 8 weeks ago for enterocele, rectocele, vaginal repair and my surgeon was Sammantha Pullium and she is great.
    • Posted

How do you feel 8 weeks out. Can you have sex yet??? Any difference? ??
    • Posted

Sorry I just saw your reply. I'm now 15 weeks out and still have some days where I feel pressure but they say this is normal. I am a widow so I can't help in that area. I can say I would strongly recommend Dr. Pullium in Chapel Hill North Carolina. Let me hear from you. Praying  for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.