Rectocele repair and perineum build up

Posted , 5 users are following.

so its been 2 weeks and 5 days since my op. now more comfortable to sit up for short periods. regular bowel movements help 2-3 times a day. on Laxido sachets 2 at night. 2 sodium docusate morning and night. 2 aloe Vera tablets at night and paracetamol when needed. been out a couple of times with friends and family. tire very easily. starting to get stinging and tightness in the rectum at times. due to go back to work 26th April around six weeks after surgery. I work for nhs as a sister on a very busy ward. has anybody gone back to work on phased return. still needing to rest up quite a bit atm.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

hi, i work as a nurse also, i would advise having 3months off work to aid healing then go back on a phase return. work puts lots of pressure on your repair so make sure u rest good.

i had an anterior and posterior repair but ended up with sone complications so still struggling on a year after operation!

hope all goes well

• Posted

thanks Karen. I just feel so guilty being off with short staff etc. thinking of others before ourselves comes naturally . so when it comes to decisions like this it's a nightmare. it's something really playing on my mind at the moment.

sarah

p.s what complications did u come across hope you don't mind me asking.

• Posted

Hi, I had a cystocele and rectocele. I work as a Learning Support Assistant with young children, I took three months off then had a three weeks phased recovery. you really do need to ease yourself back into work ! Good luck.X

• Posted

thanks Sandra. I think it's unfortunately something I am gonna have to consider.

sarah

• Posted

my consultant told me it takes 12 wks for scar tissue to form which is the foundation of yiur repair.

yiur tissues are very weak still at 3 months so I would defy be very very careful.

• Posted

How long before you guys had a bath.

I really need to have a soak as my bottom is sore. The one thing I am finding is because I'm taking stool softeners I am going very regular and my bottom is getting sore. I really need a bath.

sarah

• Posted

once all stitches are gone around 6 wks.

if you bathe before the stit6 will get soggy and will not heal right.

best to use a but of cocboil around bottom to doithe after having a poo.

I found this very good but keep it away from stitches.

its gard going but keep

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.