rectocele repair surgery

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am losing my mind thinking about this surgery, I will be having in 5 days. Maybe I shouldn't looked it up, on the internet and watched the videos. The doctor prescribe me a laxative and it did the complete opposite, I have never had problems with my bowels movement until I start taking the med. I have read many comments and they don't sound pretty, my doctor said I should be back to work in 2 weeks after reading these comments I don't think that is going to happen. I also live alone and will be caring for myself, I do have 2 sons and sisters but I like to be left alone when I am sick. Do anybody have any suggestion on what I should do.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Kimberly68299,

I am one month out and trust me, you can NOT do this alone. You will NOT be able to work in two weeks. This is a major surgery and you will need lots of care and support. 

Lifting is out of the question. I am still self-cathing. I am still on anti inflammatories. I still hurt. And I have hired help for my housework, cooking, and childcare...not to mention all of the love and help and support from family and friends. I am usually the caretaker of all of the above, and I’m also a pretty tough gal when it comes to pain. This has been a very real trial for me. Please postpone surgery until you have a great plan for post-op care. 

• Posted

By the way, I honestly did not send that reply to try and scare you. I need to also let you know that I had a hysterectomy and both anterior & posterior repair for uterine, bladder, & rectal prolapse. So hopefully your procedure will be an easier recovery.

• Posted

I kñow it’s easy to say try not to worry as I know if I have to go down the same road as yourself I would be in exactly the same position.  Like yourself I too would be looking at every bit of information I could find.

i hope all will go smoothly, please keep us updated of your progress.

• Posted

Hi Scare 1963,

I've had my surgery a year ago and I'm telling you It's worth it!

I was back to work in 6 weeks ( not 2 for sure), it was a bit difficult in the beginning, but honestly a'm so glad I did have that surgery done! I'm so much more confident as a woman, as a wife, I feel healthy and strong. And if I ever need it again in many years time I'm going to have it again!

Don't be afraid, think positive.

Best of luck and great recovery!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.